1. The competition is a game of skill, chance does not form part of selecting the winner/s.
2. The material used to market and promote the competition forms part of the competition terms. If there is an inconsistency between the material used to market and promote the competition and the competition terms, the competition terms prevail.
Eligibility to enter
3. During the competition period, anyone may enter the competition, provided that they are:
(a) ages between six and thirteen years of age (participants must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter);
(b) a resident of Australia; and
(c) not an employee or immediate family member of the promoter or an employee or agent of the promoter who is connected with the competition.
4. By entering the competition, entrants accept the competition terms.
5. To enter, entrants must:
(a) Go to coles.com.au/kidscookingcomp and download the entry PDF
(b) Complete the entry PDF. The PDF will require answers to the following questions:
- Child’s details (plus parent/legal guardian details, including signature to verify parental/guardian consent)
- What’s your favourite type of fresh produce?
- What’s your favourite recipe to cook with that produce?
- Why do you love cooking?
- Why do you love this recipe and what fresh produce has been used to create the recipe?
- Please write out the recipe you have created
(c) Email the completed PDF with a photo of your recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Entrants may enter as many times as they wish however each entry must be substantially unique.
7. The promoter may deem as invalid any entry which:
(a) is illegible, incomprehensible, offensive or incomplete; or
(b) includes objectionable, profane, insulting, inflammatory or defamatory material
(c) includes non-original material (a photo that was not taken by the entrant OR that the entrant does not have permission to use)
(d) violates our social media policy or any law or code.
8. The promoter may disqualify any entrant who:
(a) enters the competition without being eligible;
(b) tampers with the entry process;
(c) submits an entry that is not in accordance with the competition terms; or
(d) in entering the competition, engages in conduct which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the competition or the promoter.
9. Failure by the promoter to exercise its rights under paragraph 7 or paragraph 8 does not constitute a waiver of the promoter’s rights under paragraph 7 or paragraph 8.
If the entrant’s contact details change, the entrant must notify the promoter.
10. The promoter will select the winner/s from the pool of valid entrants at the selection time on the selection date at the selection address.
11. The promoter will select the winner on the basis of the recipe deemed to be most creative using fresh produce. The promoter will select two runners up that also meet the criteria. The promoter may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant. The promoter’s selection is final and binding, subject to the promoter’s rights under paragraph 7 or paragraph 8. Additional reserve entries may also be featured in the February 2021 issue of Coles magazine.
12. The promoter will notify the winner/s by sending an email to the parent/guardian via advised email address within 7 days after the selection date. The promoter will publish the winner’s name and the winning photo entry on coles.com.au/kidscookingcomp within 7 days after the selection date.
13. The promoter may request that the winner/s or winners legal guardian provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency to the promoter’s reasonable satisfaction before awarding the prize. If the winner/s does not provide proof of identity, proof of age or proof or residency to the promoter’s reasonable satisfaction within 1 month after being selected as a winner/s, the promoter may forfeit the prize.
14. The winner/s must accept the prize within 1 month after being selected as the winner. If the winner/s does not accept the prize within 1 month after being selected as the winner/s, the promoter may forfeit the prize.
15. In consideration of the promoter awarding the prize to the winner/s, the winner/s:
(a) consents to the promoter using his or her name, likeness, image, voice and entry in any marketing and promotion of the competition, the promoter or the promoter’s business;
(b) acknowledges that the entry (and any content submitted with the entry) is the property of the promoter;
(c) agrees to use the prize in accordance with the supplier’s specified requirements; and
(d) agrees that the prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
17. If the prize is unavailable, the promoter may substitute the prize with a substitute prize, provided that the substitute prize is of the same or similar value or specification as the prize.
18. If there is a force majeure event which prevents or materially and adversely affects the promoter’s ability to market, promote and run the competition in accordance with the competition terms, the promoter may cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or postpone the competition.
19. The promoter is not liable for any loss, expense, damage or liability suffered or incurred by entrants and winners in connection with the competition, including:
(a) any late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected entries or prize acceptance, including delays due to technical disruptions or network congestion;
(b) any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the competition;
(c) any technical error, including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission or communications line, telephone, mobile or satellite network failure; and
(d) any theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of entries; and
(e) any use of the prize or any tax liability incurred by the winner as a result of accepting the prize.
20. Nothing under paragraph 19 is intended to limit entrants’ or winners’ rights under the Australian Consumer Law 2010.
|Competition||Coles Magazine Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation Competition
|Competition period||From 00:01am AEDT Thursday 3 September to 11:50pm AEST Wednesday 30 September 2020|
|Force majeure event||
An event which is beyond the control of the promoter, including:
(a) vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war or terrorism; and
(b) an infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion
|Immediate family member||Spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child, step-child, parent, step-parent, grand-parent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin|
1 x Winner
Prize value: AUD$500
2 x Runners Up
Prize value for each runner up: AUD$300
Coles Supermarkets Australia Pty Ltd
ABN 45 004 189 708
800 Toorak Road, Hawthorn East VIC
|Selection time||10:00am AEDT|
|Selection date||Tuesday, 6 October 2020|
Medium Rare Content Agency
Suite 53, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont NSW 2009