We have created a 10 step guide to help you make the most of your fuel!
- Drive smoothly avoiding heavy acceleration or braking.
- Change up to a higher gear as early as possible as you accelerate.
- Keep your engine well tuned, check your oil and fix any problems immediately.
- Make sure your tyres are at the correct pressure and not under or over inflated.
- Keep your boot or back seat clear of unnecessary items that just add weight.
- If you're not using your roof rack or roof box then take it off.
- Keep your windows closed, especially if you're driving at higher speeds.
- Always use the recommended grade of oil in your engine.
- Use cruise control on major roads and in free flowing traffic.
- Avoid excessive idling as it burns fuel and gets you nowhere.