Who is PageUp?
- PageUp is an Australian company who provide HR software systems and one of the largest recruitment system providers in Australia. Coles uses PageUp to support our recruitment activities.
What is the issue?
- PageUp have communicated that ‘On May 23, 2018, PageUp detected unusual activity on its IT infrastructure and immediately launched a forensic investigation. On May 28, 2018 our investigations revealed that we have some indicators that client data may have been compromised, a forensic investigation with assistance from an independent 3rd party is currently ongoing
- Coles was notified of the incident by PageUp on 31 May, and has been urgently seeking information from PageUp since that time. Coles took the decision to sever all data links between Coles and PageUp and also stop all recruitment activities using the PageUp system.
Have the authorities been notified?
If I’m concerned about my data security, what should I be looking out for?
How do I know my PageUp profile is secure?
- At this stage, we cannot confirm that PageUp profiles are secure, and therefore encourage individuals to re-set passwords, not update any further personal information and if you are concerned consider deleting your profile.
- In addition we have requested a re-set of all candidate passwords for your added protection.
How can I delete my PageUp profile?
- Candidates are unable to delete their own PageUp profile, if you would like your Coles PageUp profile deleted, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
What steps have you taken to secure my data?
- We have quarantined the system and turned off functionality until we can ensure that PageUp People will handle our potential Team Members’ data securely. This is the reason we are currently not accepting online applications for new Team Members.
Recruitment Process & my application
If I have an application in progress what will happen?
- We are manually processing applications, and will be in touch as soon as we can about how your application is progressing, please be patient with us as we work through this manually.
How do I apply for a role if PageUp isn’t working?
- We are working through a new process, separate to PageUp to ensure we can protect candidate data. As soon as this is operational, we will resume advertising vacant roles.
How can I now submit an application for a role?
- We have temporarily suspended our recruitment processes and therefore cannot accept applications for roles. We are working through a new process, separate to PageUp to ensure we can protect candidate data. As soon as this is operational, we will resume advertising vacant roles.
When will you know more?
- We are dependent upon PageUp providing information regarding the security issue and their investigations. Refer to PageUp’s website for further updates https://www.pageuppeople.com/