Coles advises customers to be aware of text messages, phone calls, websites, competitions and other unsolicited contact that use the Coles brand without Coles’ permission or which promote Coles Gift Cards or other gift cards in an attempt to appear legitimate.
These offers predominantly attempt to collect your personal details, financial information or request payment for goods or services. Coles will never request personal or banking details in unsolicited communications and legitimate businesses or government agencies will never request payment in gift cards.
You are encouraged to be wary of requests to:
- Complete a customer satisfaction survey that promises a reward at completion, where you are asked for personal details or financial information
- Sharing/liking a Facebook post in exchange for a gift card/voucher
- Calling a specific phone number and providing personal information
- Clicking on an email that links with a malicious website
- Purchase and provide the redemption code from gift card/vouchers
- Access your computer when you have not reported an issue
Also note that all communication from our Coles social media accounts will have a blue verified tick next to the name like the images shown below.