Quiet Hour provides a low-sensory shopping experience for Coles customers by implementing small changes in store for a full 60 minutes, to improve accessibility for customers.
These changes such as reduced sound and or lighting are designed to help make a difference to customers who may find high sensory environments challenging and Coles is committed to meeting the diverse needs of the many customers and communities in which we operate in.
Coles is pleased to offer an expanded Quiet Hour experience, with all supermarkets nationally^ reducing sound Monday to Friday from 6:00pm to 7:00pm.
This expansion follows successful trials and feedback from customers and team members and is now available at a more convenient, accessible time to ensure Australians who prefer a low sensory environment feel comfortable during their grocery shop.
We care about the safety and the wellbeing of our team members and customers, during Quiet Hour, customers will notice the following changes in Coles supermarkets:
· Store lighting will be reduced* on a Tuesday in participating stores.
· Coles Radio will be turned down.
· Register and scanner volumes will be reduced to the lowest level.
· No PA announcements will be made except in the case of emergencies.
· Additional team members will be available to support customers.
Our team members are dedicated to supporting customers who may benefit from the Quiet Hour experience are always working to achieve good things together, with their communities.