Coles is recalling 11 Coles Own Brand products containing baby spinach sold in Coles Supermarkets, Coles Local, Coles Express and through Coles Online in News South Wales, Victoria, ACT, Queensland, Northern Territory and South Australia.
Health authorities have advised that some spinach may potentially be contaminated with unsafe plant material. Coles is recalling the below products as a precaution. Only the baby spinach products with the specific Use By dates detailed below are being recalled. No other Coles pre-packed spinach or salad products are impacted by this recall.
The affected products are (images on following page):
· Coles Baby Spinach 60g
· Coles Lettuce Spinach 120g
· Coles Salad Family Baby Spinach 280g
· Coles Chef Blend Tender Leaf Blend 150g
· Coles Australian Salad Family Baby Leaf Blend 300g
· Coles Kitchen Green Goddess Salad 300g
· Coles Kitchen Roast Pumpkin Fetta & Walnut Salad 265g
· Coles Kitchen Chicken BLT Salad Bowl 240g
· Coles Kitchen Smokey Mexican Salad 280g
· Coles Kitchen Salads Green Goddess Salad 250g
· Coles Kitchens Egg And Spinach Pots 100g
Food products containing unsafe plant material may cause illness if consumed. Customers must not consume this product, and anyone concerned about their health should seek medical advice. Coles is liaising with the supplier and the regulators regarding further steps.
Customers can return the product to any Coles supermarket for a full refund. Coles Online customers can receive a full refund or credit by contacting Coles Online Customer Care on 1800 455 400.
We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience. Customers seeking further information can contact Coles Customer Care on 1800 061 562.