Apple, fennel and rocket salad with parmesan crisps
Topped with crunchy parmesan crisps, this apple, fennel and rocket salad is the perfect mix of sweet and savoury.
6 as a side
Note: + cooling and 5 mins standing time
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 small fennel, finely shaved, fronds reserved
- 2 Pink Lady apples, cored, thinly sliced
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
- 1 bunch watercress, sprigs picked
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Coles Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbs finely grated parmesan
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Arrange the parmesan in 4 piles on the lined tray. Spread parmesan into 8cm discs. Bake for 7 mins or until light golden. Set aside to cool completely.
Meanwhile, to make the parmesan dressing, combine the lemon juice, vinegar and garlic in a screw-top jar and set aside for 5 mins or until the garlic softens. Add the oil, mustard and parmesan. Shake well to combine.
Combine the fennel, apple, rocket, watercress, parsley and mint in a large bowl. Drizzle with parmesan dressing and gently toss to combine. Transfer to a serving dish. Crumble over the parmesan crisps and sprinkle with the reserved fennel fronds.