Apricot chicken pie
Try this warming apricot chicken pie. With only 10 minutes prep time needed, it’s as easy as it is tasty.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, halved, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 600g Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Fillets, chopped
- 40g pkt French onion soup mix
- 400g can apricot halves in juice
- 40g butter, melted
- 10 sheets filo pastry
- Steamed green beans, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat half the oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and carrot. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until vegetables soften. Add chicken. Cook, turning, for 2-3 mins or until light golden.
Add soup mix and apricot halves in juice to chicken mixture. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 mins or until the chicken is just cooked through.
Combine remaining oil and melted butter in a small bowl. Place the filo sheets on a clean work surface. Brush each filo sheet with the butter mixture. Scrunch the filo and arrange on top of chicken mixture. Transfer to the oven. Bake for 15 mins or until the filo is golden and crisp. Serve with beans.
Serve with chopped chives and chopped thyme