Apricot chicken tray bake
After a one-pan wonder tonight? Try this tasty combination of chicken, apricots, pumpkin and green beans for a guaranteed family hit.
- 825g can apricot halves in syrup
- 1/3 cup (110g) orange marmalade
- 2 tbs kecap manis
- 1.4 kg chicken pieces on the bone
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 kent pumpkin, seeded, cut into wedges
- 200g green beans, halved lengthways
- 2 tbs flaked almonds, toasted
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a large deep baking tray with baking paper. Drain the apricot, reserving 2 tbs of the syrup.
Combine the marmalade, kecap manis and reserved apricot syrup in a large bowl. Season. Reserve 2 tbs of the marmalade mixture. Add chicken to remaining marmalade mixture and turn to coat. Arrange the chicken mixture, onion, pumpkin and apricot in a single layer on the lined tray.
Roast, brushing the chicken twice with the reserved marmalade mixture, for 35 mins or until chicken is golden and cooked through, adding beans to the tray for the last 5 mins of cooking.
Sprinkle the chicken mixture with almond and parsley to serve.