Loaded with flavour, these Asian-style meatballs are a tasty bite. Serve them with Asian greens and coconut chilli lime rice for a delicious dinner.
- 500g Coles Australian Pork Mince
- 2 tsp finely chopped lemongrass or lemongrass paste
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbs finely grated ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Chinese rice wine
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 2 x 250g pkts Coles Coconut Chilli Lime Microwave Rice
- Steamed Asian greens, to serve
- Sliced spring onion, extra, to serve
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Finely chopped chilli, to serve (optional)
Combine the mince, lemongrass, spring onion, sesame oil, half the ginger and half the garlic in a large bowl. Roll 1-tbs portions into balls.
Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the meatballs and cook, turning, for 5 mins or until brown all over and almost cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining meatballs. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Add the soy sauce, rice wine, chilli sauce, remaining ginger and remaining garlic to the wok or pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 mins or until the sauce thickens slightly. Return meatballs to the wok or pan and toss to coat.
Meanwhile, heat the rice following packet directions.
Divide the rice, Asian greens and meatball mixture among serving bowls. Sprinkle with extra spring onion, coriander and chilli, if using, to serve.