Asian-style mushroom burger
Packed full of flavour, this Asian-style mushroom burger is a great vegetarian dinner option.
- 4 large field mushrooms
- 2 tbs sweet soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, mashed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 4 Coles Bakery High Fibre Low GI Harvest Grain Bread Rolls, split, toasted
- 1 cup (80g) finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup (20g) alfalfa sprouts
Heat a large chargrill on medium. Lightly spray each mushroom with olive oil spray and lightly brush with soy sauce. Cook on the grill, turning and brushing with soy sauce, for 5 mins or until mushrooms are almost tender. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cook for a further 1 min or until sesame seeds are toasted.
Meanwhile, combine the avocado, lemon juice and miso paste in a small bowl. Season.
Spread the avocado mixture evenly over the cut sides of the rolls. Divide the roll bases among serving plates. Top with mushroom, cabbage, carrot and alfalfa sprouts. Top with the roll tops and serve immediately.