Avocado fries with herb dipping sauce
Swap regular chips for these delicious avocado fries. Served with a tasty herb dipping sauce, they’ll be a new household favourite.
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 cups (150g) panko breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 4 Hass avocados, stoned, peeled, cut into wedges
- 1 long red chilli, extra, seeded, thinly sliced
Herb dipping sauce
- 1/4 cup (75g) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60g) sour cream
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Basil leaves, to serve
Preheat oven to 220°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place the egg in a shallow dish. Combine the breadcrumbs, garlic, basil and chopped chilli on a plate.
Dip avocado in egg, then coat in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the lined trays. Spray with olive oil spray. Season. Bake for 10-12 mins or until golden and crisp.
Meanwhile, to make the herb dipping sauce, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, chopped basil and parsley in a small bowl.
Sprinkle the avocado chips with sliced chilli and serve with the herb dipping sauce, sprinkled with basil leaves.