Baked tahini pumpkin and chickpea noodles
Switch up your weekly menu and give this baked tahini pumpkin and chickpea noodle recipe a go. It's a great vegetarian dinner option.
- 1/4 cup (70g) tahini
- 2 tsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 600g seeded Kent pumpkin, cut into 3cm pieces
- 400g can Coles Chick Peas, rinsed, drained
- 200g pad thai rice noodles
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
- 1 tbs unsalted almonds, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Combine the tahini, soy sauce, ginger and 2 tbs warm water in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Combine the pumpkin and chickpeas in a large bowl. Add half the tahini mixture and toss to combine. Arrange pumpkin mixture on the lined tray. Bake for 25 mins or until tender.
Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain well.
Combine the noodles, pumpkin mixture, tomato and rocket in a large bowl. Divide among serving bowls. Drizzle with the remaining tahini mixture. Sprinkle with almond and sesame seeds to serve.