Balsamic veggies with ancient grains
After a hearty vegetarian dish? These balsamic veggies are served with ancient grains and fresh rocket, creating the perfect main or side.
- 3 bunches baby broccoli
- 100g brown mushrooms, halved
- 1 flat mushroom, thickly sliced
- 350g mixed medley tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 x 250g pkts Coles 7 Ancient Grains microwavable rice
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place baby broccoli, combined mushroom and tomatoes on the lined tray. Sprinkle with garlic and chilli, if using. Drizzle with oil and vinegar. Season. Roast, tossing halfway through cooking, for 15 mins or until vegetables are tender.
Meanwhile, heat the rice following packet directions. Transfer to a serving plate.
Arrange the vegetable mixture and rocket over the rice. Drizzle with the juices from the baking tray.
Serve with flat-leaf parsley leaves.