Banoffee French toast
Topped with salted caramel and Violet Crumble, this banoffee French toast is a must-try. Try it for an indulgent brunch or dessert.
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 40g unsalted butter, chopped
- 4 Coles Banana Bread Slices
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring (pure) cream or thickened cream, whipped
- 2 bananas, thickly sliced
- Violet Crumble chocolate bar, chopped, to serve
- Coles Salted Caramel Topping, to serve
Whisk milk, egg and vanilla in a large shallow bowl. Melt half the butter in a large frying pan over medium-low heat.
Place 2 slices of banana bread in the egg mixture and turn to coat. Allow to soak for 20 secs. Transfer to the frying pan and cook for 1-2 mins each side or until golden brown and heated through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Wipe the pan clean. Repeat with the remaining butter, banana bread and egg mixture.
Divide banana bread evenly among serving plates. Spoon the whipped cream evenly over banana bread. Top with banana. Sprinkle with chocolate bar and drizzle with caramel topping.
Brekkie twist: To turn this dessert into a breakfast dish, swap the chocolate bar and cream mixture for mixed berries and vanilla yoghurt.