BBQ asparagus caprese salad
Drizzled in a homemade rocket pesto, this mouth-watering salad is guaranteed to your new go-to side dish.
6 as a side
- 350g mixed medley tomatoes, halved
- 200g cherry bocconcini, halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- Basil leaves, to serve
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
- 1/4 cup (25g) finely grated pecorino or parmesan
- 1/4 cup (40g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
To make the rocket pesto, place the basil, rocket, pecorino or parmesan, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor and process until finely chopped. With the motor running, gradually add the oil in a thin, steady stream until well combined. Season.
Combine the tomato, bocconcini and onion in a medium bowl. Add 2 tbs of the rocket pesto and gently toss to combine. Season.
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Spray the asparagus with olive oil spray and season. Cook on the grill, turning occasionally, for 2-3 mins or until the asparagus is just tender and cooked through.
Arrange the asparagus on a serving platter. Spoon over the tomato mixture. Drizzle with the remaining rocket pesto and sprinkle with basil leaves to serve.