BBQ Beef rump steaks with garlic herb potatoes
This easy recipe is great for so many occasions. Keep it up your sleeve for your next weekend BBQ, family dinner or just a delicious weeknight steak.
Note: + cooling & 5 mins resting time
- 750g kipfler potatoes, scrubbed, or white potatoes
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 10g pkt oregano
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 x 300g pkts Coles No Added Hormones Beef Rump Medallions
- 1 small fennel, thinly sliced
- 200g red Perino tomatoes, halved
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 mins or until potatoes are just tender. Drain and set aside for 5 mins to cool.
Meanwhile, place the parsley, oregano, garlic, chilli, if using, oil and vinegar in a food processor. Process until well combined.
Heat a greased barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Brush steaks with 1 tbs of the herb mixture and cook for 3-4 mins each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Cut potatoes in half lengthways and spray with olive oil spray. Cook on the grill for 5 mins or until lightly charred.
Combine potato with fennel, tomato and onion in a large bowl. Add half the remaining herb mixture and toss to combine.
Slice the steak and serve with salad. Season and drizzle with the remaining herb mixture.