BBQ Cajun salmon with mango and avocado salsa
Fire up the barbie and get ready for a taste sensation. This Cajun-style salmon is paired with a fresh mango and avocado salsa. Plus, it's on the table in just 30 minutes!
Note: + 5 mins resting time
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 (about 120g each) skinless salmon fillets
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Thinly shaved fennel, to serve
Mango & avocado salsa
- 1 mango, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 2 tbs lime juice
Combine the oil, cumin, coriander, paprika, onion powder and oregano in a medium bowl. Add the salmon and turn to coat. Season.
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Cook the salmon for 2-3 mins each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Meanwhile, to make the mango and avocado salsa, combine the mango, avocado, cucumber, onion, chilli, if using, coriander and lime juice in a bowl.
Arrange the rocket leaves and fennel on serving plates. Top with salmon and mango and avocado salsa. Serve immediately.