BBQ Cajun salmon with mango and avocado salsa
Fire up the barbie and get ready for a taste sensation. This Cajun-style salmon is paired with a fresh mango and avocado salsa. Plus, it's on the table in just 30 minutes!
Note: + 5 mins resting time
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 (about 120g each) skinless salmon fillets
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Thinly shaved fennel, to serve
Mango & avocado salsa
- 1 mango, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 2 tbs lime juice
Combine the oil, cumin, coriander, paprika, onion powder and oregano in a medium bowl. Add the salmon and turn to coat. Season.
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Cook the salmon for 2-3 mins each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Meanwhile, to make the mango and avocado salsa, combine the mango, avocado, cucumber, onion, chilli, if using, coriander and lime juice in a bowl.
Arrange the rocket leaves and fennel on serving plates. Top with salmon and mango and avocado salsa. Serve immediately.
Check ingredient labels to make sure they meet your specific dietary requirements and always consult a health professional before changing your diet.