BBQ corn and chicken fajitas
Filled with barbecued chicken and corn, these seasoned fajitas are the perfect quick and easy meal to try out this week. They come together in next to no time thanks to Old El Paso pantry staples.
Note: + cooling time
- 3 corn cobs, husks and silk removed
- 1 red onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 30g pkt Old El Paso Taco Spice Mix Extra Mild Super Tasty
- 4 Old El Paso Regular Flour Tortillas, warmed
- Sour cream, to serve
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Lime cheeks, to serve
Heat a chargrill on high. Cook the corn, turning, for 10 mins or until lightly charred. Set aside to cool slightly. Use a small serrated knife to cut down the side of the corn to release the kernels. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
Spray a frying pan with olive oil spray and place over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until onion softens. Add to corn in bowl.
Spray pan with more oil spray. Cook chicken, in batches, for 4 mins or until just cooked through. Combine chicken and spice mix in the pan and cook for 1 min or until aromatic. Transfer to bowl with the corn and toss to combine.
Divide tortillas among serving plates. Top with chicken mixture, sour cream and coriander. Serve with lime cheeks.