BBQ Family platter
Keep the whole family happy with a Coles Angus BBQ pack. Make the most of this convenient buy with our recipe for delicious burgers and hot dogs.
- 700g pkt Coles Finest Australian Angus BBQ Pack
- 2 slices tasty cheddar
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Coles Brioche Burger Buns, split
- 2 tbs Coles Special Burger Sauce
- 4 baby gem lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, sliced
- 4 Coles Brioche Hot Dog Buns, split
- 2 tbs drained pickled jalapeño slices
- Tomato sauce, to serve
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high heat. Cook sausages and patties, turning, for 8 mins or until just cooked through. Top each patty with cheddar and cook, with the lid closed, for 1-2 mins or until cheddar begins to melt. Transfer sausages and patties to a baking tray and loosely cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Meanwhile, heat oil on a barbecue flat plate over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until onion softens and begins to caramelise. Add the sugar and vinegar and toss until well combined and caramelised.
Add burger buns to the grill and cook for 1-2 mins or until toasted.
Spread buns bases with burger sauce. Top each bun base with lettuce, tomato and a patty. Top with bun tops. Divide the avocado and sausages among hot dog buns. Top with onion. Serve with jalapeños and tomato sauce.