BBQ haloumi, corn and capsicum salad
Spice up your next spread and plate up this salad. It’s loaded with chargrilled haloumi, corn and capsicum.
6 as a side or light meal
- 2 corn cobs, husks and silk removed
- 250g pkt Coles Australian Sweet Baby Capsicums, halved lengthways, seeded
- 250g haloumi, thinly sliced
- 350g mixed tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 2 tbs coarsely chopped mint
- 1 tbs finely chopped oregano
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Spray the corn with olive oil spray. Season. Cook the corn, turning occasionally, for 8 mins or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, spray the capsicum with olive oil spray. Season. Cook, turning occasionally, for 5 mins or until the capsicum is tender and lightly charred. Transfer to a plate.
To make the herb dressing, place the parsley, coriander, mint, oregano, oil and vinegar in a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Season.
Spray the haloumi with olive oil spray. Season. Cook on the grill for 2 mins each side or until the haloumi is lightly charred.
Use a small serrated knife to cut down the side of the corn to release the kernels. Arrange the corn, capsicum, haloumi, tomato and rocket on a large serving platter. Drizzle with the herb dressing and serve immediately.