BBQ lamb and barley salad
Embrace the smoky flavour of BBQ lamb in this wholesome salad. It's loaded with herbs, tomato and cucumber for added freshness.
Note: + 5 mins resting time
- 1 cup (200g) pearl barley
- 12 Coles Australian Lamb Cutlets, French trimmed, or 4 Coles Australian Lamb Forequarter Chops
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 300g mixed medley tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped mint
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
Cook the barley in a large saucepan of boiling water for 20 mins or until tender. Refresh under running water. Drain well.
Meanwhile, combine the lamb, paprika, oregano and 1 tbs oil in a large bowl. Season. Toss to combine.
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill over medium-high heat. Cook lamb for 2-3 mins each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Place the barley in a large bowl with the tomato, cucumber, onion, spring onion, mint and parsley. Drizzle with the lemon juice and remaining oil and toss to combine.
Spoon the barley mixture over a serving platter. Top with the lamb and sprinkle with lemon zest to serve.