BBQ prawns with lemon and caper dressing
Fire up the barbie for this mouth-watering seafood starter. Drizzled with a lemon and caper dressing, these BBQ prawns will be a fan favourite.
Note: + 15 mins marinating time
- 12 large raw banana prawns or tiger prawns
- 2 tbs La Española Olive Oil Mild & Light
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/3 cup (80ml) La Española Extra Virgin Olive Oil Mild Flavour
- 80g chargrilled peppers (capsicum), drained, finely chopped
- 2 tbs drained baby capers, chopped
- 2 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6 slices sourdough
- La Española Olive Oil Mild & Light, extra, to drizzle
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
Use a small sharp knife to cut halfway through the front of each prawn from top to tail. Press down with the palm of your hand to open slightly. Place on a baking tray.
Combine La Española Olive Oil Mild & Light, garlic, paprika, half the lemon rind and half the lemon juice in a small bowl. Brush over the prawns and set aside for 15 mins to develop the flavours.
Combine La Española Extra Virgin Olive Oil Mild Flavour, capsicum, capers, chopped parsley and remaining lemon rind and lemon juice in a jug. Season.
Heat a chargrill on medium-high. Cook the prawns for 2 mins each side or until just cooked through. Drizzle sourdough with extra La Española Olive Oil Mild & Light. Cook for 1 min each side or until golden.
Arrange prawns on a serving platter. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with parsley leaves. Serve with sourdough, lemon wedges and salad leaves.