BBQ prawns with mango mayonnaise
Smoky prawns paired with creamy mango mayo - the ultimate combo to kickstart your feast.
Note: + 15 mins marinating time
- 1.5kg raw Coles King Prawns or Banana Prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 1 1/2 tbs lemongrass paste
- 1 mango, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 red birdseye chilli, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg yolk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Coriander leaves, to serve
Combine the prawns, olive oil, long chilli, if using, ginger, chopped coriander and 1 tbs of the lemongrass in a bowl. Set aside for 15 mins to develop the flavours.
Meanwhile, place half the mango in a food processor with the birdseye chilli, if using, mustard, egg yolk and remaining lemongrass. Process until smooth and well combined. With the motor running, add the vegetable oil in a thin, steady stream until combined and mixture is thick and smooth. Add lime juice. Process until combined. Season.
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Cook the prawns, in 2 batches, for 1-2 mins each side or until prawns curl and change colour. Transfer to a serving platter. Top with the remaining mango and coriander leaves. Serve with the mayonnaise.