BBQ seafood platter with tabouli dressing
This easy BBQ seafood platter with tabouli dressing is guaranteed to be a hit at your next event. But be quick – this entertaining platter is too delicious to resist.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 6 Coles Australian Half-Shell Scallops
- 3 Coles Lobster Tails, halved lengthways
- 12 Coles Australian Raw Black Tiger Prawns Thawed, peeled leaving head and tail intact, deveined
- 2 squid tubes, cleaned, thinly sliced
- 2 (about 200g each) Coles Australian Ocean Barramundi Portions, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1/3 cup (100g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 100g whole roasted peppers (capsicum), drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup finely chopped curly parsley
- 1 cup finely chopped mint
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
To make capsicum aioli, combine mayonnaise, capsicum and garlic in a food processor and process until smooth. Season. Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and place in the fridge.
To make tabouli dressing, combine parsley, mint, spring onion, tomato and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season. Cover and place in the fridge.
Combine oil, garlic and lemon rind in a large bowl. Season. Brush scallops and cut side of the lobster with oil mixture. Place the prawns, squid and barramundi in a large bowl. Add the remaining oil mixture and gently toss to combine.
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Cook the lobster, cut-side down, for 3 mins or until lightly charred. Turn and cook for a further 2-3 mins or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Add the prawn mixture and cook, turning, for 4-5 mins or until charred and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Remove shells from the scallops (wash and dry the shells and set aside for serving). Cook scallops for 1-2 mins each side for medium or until light golden and cooked to your liking. Return scallops to the shells.
Arrange lobster, scallops and prawn mixture on a platter with the capsicum aioli. Drizzle with tabouli dressing.
SERVE WITH: lemon wedges