BBQ steaks with spring peanut salad
Ramp up the flavour of your midweek dinner with these BBQ steaks. Paired with a crunchy peanut and avocado salad, it’s a winner.
- 4 Coles Graze Grass Fed Beef Scotch Fillet Steaks
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 1/2 green oak lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, thinly sliced
- 200g red and gold Perino tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (80g) bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 tbs rice vinegar
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbs peanut oil, extra
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- Chopped toasted peanuts, to serve
- Fried shallots, to serve
Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Season the steaks. Drizzle with oil. Cook for 3-4 mins each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Loosely cover with foil and set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Meanwhile, combine lettuce, avocado, tomato, bean sprouts, mint, coriander and chilli, if using, in a bowl.
Place vinegar, ginger, garlic, extra oil and the sweet chilli sauce in a screw-top jar and shake well to combine. Drizzle over the avocado mixture in the bowl.
Divide the steaks and salad among serving plates. Sprinkle salad with peanuts and fried shallots to serve.