Beef sausages with beetroot and lentil salad
With a tangy beetroot and lentil salad, this dish is a delicious and easy way to enjoy beef sausages.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 8 Coles Finest Australian Angus Beef Sausages Garlic & Parsley
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, rinsed, drained
- 415g jar baby beetroot, drained, halved
- 1/2 cup (125g) drained roasted pepper strips (capsicum)
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Heat 1 tbs oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook, turning occasionally, for 10 mins or until browned and cooked through.
Meanwhile, combine the lentils, beetroot, capsicum, parsley and spring onion in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice, garlic and remaining oil and toss to combine. Season.
Spoon the lentil mixture onto a large serving platter. Top with the sausages and serve immediately.
Serve with hommus dip and lemon wedges