Beef, tomato and bocconcini salad
Fresh and tasty, our beef, tomato and bocconcini salad is ideal for your midweek dinner.
- 50g butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Coles Bakery Stone Baked by Laurent Sourdough Baguette, thinly sliced diagonally
- 4 Coles Australian No Added Hormones Beef Scotch Fillet Steaks
- 500g mixed tomatoes, halved
- 120g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, thinly sliced
- 200g cherry bocconcini, coarsely torn
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Combine the butter and garlic in a small bowl. Season. Brush the baguette slices evenly with half the butter mixture. Brush the beef with the remaining butter mixture. Season.
Cook beef for 3 mins each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Meanwhile, cook the baguette slices on the grill for 1-2 mins each side or until lightly toasted.
Divide tomato, rocket, avocado and bocconcini among serving plates. Thinly slice beef. Arrange over the salad. Whisk the oil and vinegar in a bowl. Season. Drizzle over the salad. Serve with the baguette slices.