Berry chia pots
Make the most of in-season berries with this clever breakfast idea. Bursting with goodness, it's great way to start your day.
Note: + overnight chilling time
- 1/3 cup (70g) white chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) almond and coconut milk
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 600g blueberries or raspberries
- Natural yoghurt, to serve
- Chopped pistachios, to serve
- Honey, to serve
- Blueberries or raspberries, extra, to serve
Combine the chia seeds, milk and half the maple syrup in a bowl. Place in the fridge to chill overnight.
Meanwhile, place the blueberries or raspberries and the remaining maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until the berries collapse. Transfer the compote to a heatproof bowl. Place in the fridge to chill.
Spoon the chia mixture and compote into serving glasses. Top with yoghurt, pistachios, honey and extra blueberries or raspberries.