Broccoli, cauliflower and pumpkin muffins
Try our savoury muffins made with broccoli, cauliflower and pumpkin. They’re great served with a garden salad for lunch, or pop them in the kids’ lunch box.
- 1 cup (160g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 500g pkt Birds Eye Broccoli & Cauli Veggie Rice
- 1 cup (170g) coarsely grated butternut pumpkin
- 50g reduced-fat fetta, crumbled
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tbs black sesame seeds
- 1 tbs pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Garden salad, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole, ⅓-cup (80ml) muffin pan with paper cases. Place the combined flour, veggie rice, pumpkin and fetta in a large bowl. Whisk the egg, buttermilk and oil in a jug. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Spoon evenly among the paper cases. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and pepitas.
Bake for 25-30 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature with the salad.
Add baby spinach
For extra veg and fibre, thinly slice some baby spinach leaves and stir through the muffin batter before baking.