Butternut pumpkin soup with sauteed mushrooms
Try Curtis Stone’s creamy pumpkin soup with sautéed mushrooms for a comforting meal that’s a cinch to prepare.
- 30g unsalted butter, cubed, divided
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 150g oyster mushrooms, trimmed, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 150g portobello mushrooms, stems removed, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 100g shimeji mushrooms, trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 x 300g tubs Coles Kitchen Butternut Pumpkin Soup, warmed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) thickened cream
- Thinly sliced spring onion, to serve
Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 10g butter and the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 mins or until shallots begin to soften. Add 10g butter and the combined mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 mins or until mushrooms are tender and begin to caramelise. Add the remaining butter and the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 mins or until aromatic.
Divide the soup among serving bowls. Top with the mushroom mixture and sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Drizzle with cream and sprinkle with spring onion to serve.