Caesar salad with pancetta
Whip up this easy caesar salad in no time. It’s packed with crisp pancetta and drizzled with a creamy yoghurt dressing.
Note: + Cooling time
- 1/2 Coles Bakery Stone Baked by Laurent Sourdough Baguette, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 2 tbs finely grated parmesan
- 8 slices pancetta
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup (140g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/4 cup (75g) mayonnaise
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 4 baby cos lettuce, cut into wedges
- 300g mixed medley tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (40g) shaved parmesan
Line a baking tray with baking paper. Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Spray baguette slices with olive oil spray. Cook for 1-2 mins each side or until toasted. Transfer to the lined tray and sprinkle with grated parmesan. Set aside to cool slightly.
Cook pancetta on grill for 1-2 mins each side or until just crisp. Cool.
Place the cumin in a small frying pan over high heat. Cook, tossing, for 30 secs or until aromatic. Transfer to a bowl. Add the yoghurt, mayonnaise, tahini and lemon juice and whisk to combine. Season.
Arrange cos lettuce, baguette slices, pancetta, tomato and shaved parmesan on a serving platter. Drizzle with yoghurt mixture. Sprinkle with lemon zest.
Serve with lemon wedges.