Cajun-style prawn and chorizo tray bake
With seasoned prawns and tasty chorizo bits, this Cajun-style tray bake is a flavour explosion. It’s made using Coles Deli Thawed Raw Black Tiger Prawns, supplied by Tassal.
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) long-grain white rice
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
- 410g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs Cajun seasoning
- 1 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup (80g) frozen peas
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 500g Coles Deli Thawed Raw Black Tiger Prawns
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the rice, onion, stock, tomato, garlic and Cajun seasoning in a large roasting pan. Stir to combine. Cover tightly with foil. Bake, stirring halfway through cooking, for 30 mins or until the rice is just tender.
Meanwhile, heat a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chorizo, turning, for 3-4 mins or until golden.
Uncover the rice mixture and stir in the peas and chopped coriander. Arrange chorizo and prawns over pea mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 5 mins or until prawns curl and change colour. Sprinkle with coriander sprigs and serve with lemon wedges.