Cajun-style seafood stew
Filled with tasty seafood, this warming Cajun-style soup is perfect for cooler evenings. Ready to eat in just 30 minutes, this dish is an easy way to enjoy some seafood when you’re short on time.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 green capsicum, seeded, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 celery stick, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups (500ml) Coles Real Salt Reduced Chicken Stock
- 500g Coles Seafood Marinara Mix Thawed (from the deli)
- 450g pkt microwavable long-grain rice
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook, turning halfway through cooking, for 3 mins or until golden.
Add capsicum and celery to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 mins or until the capsicum softens. Add tomato paste and Cajun seasoning and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic. Add the stock. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 mins or until the sauce thickens slightly. Season.
Add the marinara mix to the stock mixture and stir to combine. Increase heat to medium and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 mins or until the seafood is cooked through.
Meanwhile, heat the rice following packet directions.
Divide the rice and seafood mixture among serving bowls. Sprinkle with spring onion and parsley to serve.
Swap me to make this without seafood, use 500g chicken breast fillets, chopped.