Caramel and pretzel loaded cheesecake
Whip up a dreamy treat to impress your guests. This creamy cheesecake is loaded with caramel and crunchy pretzels - you can't go wrong!
Note: + Cooling & setting time
- 50g dark chocolate, melted
- 8 pretzels
- 360g Sara Lee French Vanilla Cheesecake, thawed following packet directions
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1/3 cup (35g) caramel popcorn
- Chocolate curls, to serve
- 20g butter
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) thickened cream
To make the caramel sauce, combine the butter, sugar and cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until sugar dissolves. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the sauce thickens. Set aside to cool.
Place the melted chocolate in a bowl. Dip half the pretzels in chocolate to coat. Place on a lined baking tray. Set aside to set.
Place the cheesecake on a serving plate. Use an electric mixer to beat the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Spoon over centre of cake. Top with pretzels, popcorn and chocolate curls. Drizzle with the caramel sauce to serve.