Caramelised banana bread overnight oats
These irresistible overnight oats are supercharged with the flavours of banana bread. Perfect for meal preppers, this easy get-ahead brekkie is a delicious way to start your day.
Note: + cooling & overnight soaking time
- 1 1/2 cups (135g) Coles Rolled Oats
- 1 cup (280g) vanilla yoghurt
- 3/4 cup (185ml) almond milk or soy milk
- 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 10g butter
- 1 large banana, thinly sliced crossways
- Vanilla yoghurt, extra, to serve
- Chopped pistachios, to sprinkle
- Honey, to serve
Banana bread granola
- 2 cups (220g) natural muesli
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) honey or maple syrup
- 50g butter, melted
Combine the oats, yoghurt, milk, mashed banana and cinnamon in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight to soak.
Meanwhile, to make the banana bread granola, preheat oven to 180°C. Line a roasting pan with baking paper. Combine the muesli, banana, honey or maple syrup and butter in a large bowl. Spread evenly over the lined pan. Bake, stirring every 10 mins, for 30 mins or until golden brown and caramelised. Set aside to cool completely.
Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the banana slices and cook, turning, for 1-2 mins or until caramelised.
Spoon oats among serving bowls and top with extra yoghurt and caramelised banana. Sprinkle each bowl with pistachio and 2 tbs of the granola and drizzle with honey to serve.