Cauliflower pizza bases with antipasto
Cauliflower pizza bases are a tasty way to get more veggies on your plate. This one is perfect for dinner or casual entertaining.
Note: + 15 mins cooling time
- 1 head cauliflower (about 1.2kg), cut into florets
- 2 Coles Brand Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup (60g) almond meal
- 3 cups (300g) pizza cheese
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) tomato passata
- 1/2 x 310g jar chargrilled eggplant, drained
- 4 whole artichokes in brine, drained, halved
- 8 slices salami
- 1/4 cup (40g) pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup roasted pepper strips (roasted capsicum), drained
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, to garnish
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
Place cauliflower in a food processor. Process until very finely chopped. Place cauliflower and 1/3 cup (80ml) water in a microwave safe bowl. Cover and cook on high for 8 mins or until tender. Drain, pressing with the back of a spoon to remove as much moisture as possible. Place cauliflower in a large bowl (you should have 4 cups). Cool for 15 mins.
Preheat oven to 220°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
Stir egg, almond meal, 2 cups of the cheese and mixed herbs into cauliflower. Season. Divide among prepared trays and pat into two 16cm x 25cm rectangles, making sides a little thicker to form crust. Bake for 15 mins or until golden.
Spread bases with passata. Top with eggplant, artichoke, salami, olives, roasted capsicum and remaining cheese. Bake for 10 mins or until the cheese is golden. Top with basil leaves. Serve with mixed salad leaves.