Chargrilled chicken with zucchini slaw
Fire up the barbecue for this tasty chargrilled chicken dish. Served with a fresh-tasting zucchini slaw, it makes an easy and wholesome family dinner.
Note: + 5 mins resting time
- 2 (about 600g) Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Breast Fillets, halved horizontally
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g green beans, halved lengthways
- 1 cup (190g) frozen edamame, thawed, peeled
- 4 (about 650g) zucchini, cut into long matchsticks
- 1 cup (60g) shredded silverbeet
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, cut into long matchsticks
- ½ cup (125ml) buttermilk
- ⅓ cup (95g) Coles Light Greek-Style Yoghurt
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- ⅔ cup (110g) unsalted almonds, chopped
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, cut into wedges
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Rub the chicken with oil. Cook chicken on the grill for 3-4 mins each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Meanwhile, cook the beans and edamame in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 mins or until just tender. Refresh under cold water. Drain well.
Combine zucchini, silverbeet, carrot, beans and edamame in a large bowl. Whisk the buttermilk, yoghurt, lemon juice and mustard in a small bowl. Drizzle three-quarters of the buttermilk mixture over the zucchini mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle with almond.
Slice chicken. Divide zucchini slaw, avocado and chicken among serving bowls. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Swap me: Swap the silverbeet for a 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket, finely shredded.