Chargrilled laksa chicken
Whip up this Asian-inspired dish in just 30 minutes. Featuring tender chicken breast coated in zesty laksa paste on a bed of cashew rice, it’s big on flavour and guaranteed to satisfy.
- 4 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Breast Fillets
- 1/2 cup (150g) laksa paste
- 200g broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 x 250g pkts microwavable brown, red & wild rice mix
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup (25g) shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2/3 cup (100g) roasted salted cashews
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
Combine the chicken and half the laksa paste in a medium glass or ceramic dish.
Heat a chargrill on medium. Spray the chicken with olive oil spray. Cook for 3 mins each side or until browned. Brush top of the chicken with some of the remaining laksa paste. Turn and cook for 1 min. Brush top with remaining laksa paste. Turn and cook for 1 min or until cooked through. Transfer to a large plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest. Thickly slice.
Meanwhile, cook broccoli in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 mins or until bright green and tender. Drain.
Heat rice following packet directions. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the spinach, broccoli, parsley, coconut, oil and cashews. Stir to combine. Season.
Divide rice mixture evenly among serving plates. Top with the chicken and sprinkle with the chilli, if using.
Curry paste makes an easy marinade. You can swap the laksa paste for red, green or yellow curry paste.