Charred iceberg salad with buttermilk and chive dressing
For a delicious barbecue side, try our crunchy iceberg lettuce complete with a creamy buttermilk and chive dressing. It pairs perfectly with any main.
- 1 iceberg lettuce, cut into 6 wedges
- 1/3 cup (80ml) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (70g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Cook the lettuce wedges for 2 mins each side until charred. Place on a serving platter.
Whisk the buttermilk, yoghurt, vinegar, garlic and half the chives in a small bowl. Drizzle the lettuce with the dressing. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts and remaining chives to serve.