Filled with beans, beef and diced bacon, this cheat’s cassoulet makes for a hearty meal that’s sure to be a hit at the dinner table. Let the stew cook away, then top with crispy breadcrumbs and enjoy.
- 550g pkt Coles Australian Beef Chipolatas Classic
- 200g pkt Primo Real Diced Bacon
- 420g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 350g jar Leggo’s Roasted Vegetables Stir-Through Sauce
- 1/3 (about 150g) Coles Bakery Stone Baked by Laurent Ciabatta, coarsely torn
Spray a large frying pan with olive oil spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the sausages and cook, turning, for 5 mins or until lightly browned. Add bacon and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until golden. Add beans, stir-through sauce and 1/2 cup (125ml) water. Season and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 mins or until sauce thickens and sausages are cooked.
Meanwhile, place the bread in a food processor. Process until coarse crumbs form. Spray a medium frying pan with olive oil spray and heat over high heat. Add the breadcrumbs and cook, tossing, for 3-4 mins or until golden.
Sprinkle the cassoulet with the breadcrumbs to serve.