Cheat’s sausage rolls
Whether it's for a tasty snack, picnic or party, these cheat’s sausage rolls are easy to make and won’t let you down. They’re a hit at any occasion.
- 900g beef or pork sausages, casings removed
- 3 sheets Coles Frozen Puff Pastry, halved
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg, lightly whisked
- Black and white sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- Salt-reduced tomato sauce or tomato chutney, to serve
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place 2 sausages on the long side of 1 pastry sheet and roll up to enclose the filling. Brush with a little egg and sprinkle with black and white sesame seeds. Repeat with the remaining sausages, pastry and egg and more sesame seeds.
Cut each roll into 3 portions and place on the lined trays. Bake, swapping the trays halfway through cooking, for 30-35 mins or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with tomato sauce or tomato chutney.