Chicken and bacon pasta bake
You can’t go wrong with a hearty, creamy pasta bake. This version is loaded with shredded chicken, crispy bacon pieces and greens for a perfect comfort meal.
- 375g Coles Rigatoni Pasta
- 8 Coles Deli Bacon Rashers
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (160g) shredded Coles Hot Roast Chicken
- 2 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 300ml pouring (pure) cream
- 11/2 cups (120g) grated parmesan
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup (70g) sourdough breadcrumbs (made from day-old sourdough)
- 1 tbs finely chopped sage
- Fried sage leaves, to serve
Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup (250ml) of the cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, reserve 3 bacon rashers. Coarsely chop the remaining bacon. Heat oil in a large deep frying pan over high heat. Add the chopped bacon and onion and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until bacon is golden. Add the chicken, zucchini, cream and reserved cooking liquid. Bring to the boil.
Stir in the pasta, 1 cup (80g) parmesan and the spinach. Season. Spoon the pasta mixture into a 10-cup (2.5L) baking dish. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs, chopped sage and remaining parmesan. Bake for 20 mins or until golden.
While the pasta bake is in the oven, place the reserved bacon on a baking tray and bake for 10 mins or until golden.
Top pasta bake with bacon and fried sage leaves to serve.