Chicken and corn pinwheel pastries
Need a tasty lunch box idea? Try our chicken and corn pinwheel pastries for a satisfying bite.
Note: + cooling time
- 500g Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Breast Mince
- 125g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 small carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup (30g) shredded tasty cheddar
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Combine the chicken, corn, carrot, cheddar, parmesan and spring onion in a large bowl.
Place 1 sheet of pastry on a clean work surface. Spread with one-third of the chicken mixture and roll up to enclose. Cut crossways into 8 slices. Place on 1 prepared tray. Repeat with remaining pastry and chicken mixture.
Bake for 25 mins or until the chicken is cooked through and pastry is golden and puffed. Cool on the trays. (You can make pinwheels up to 3 days ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.)
Serve with edamame, tzatziki dip and sliced capsicum, rockmelon and kiwifruit
Pop in more veg
For some extra veggies, reduce the cheddar to 2 tbs and add some grated zucchini or finely chopped cherry tomatoes.