Chicken and kale caesar salad
Ramp up the flavour of classic caesar salad with a couple of tasty additions. Loaded with chicken and fresh greens, it's a winning combo.
- 4 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Breast Fillets
- 4 middle bacon rashers
- 2 baby cos lettuce, washed, leaves separated
- 140g pkt Coles Australian Chopped Kale
- 4 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, soft-boiled, halved
- 1/2 cup (40g) shaved parmesan
Caesar dressing (ingredient subheading)
- 2 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Egg yolks
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Use a sharp knife to cut slits in the top of the chicken. Cook on grill for 6 mins each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in a non-stick frying pan over high heat, turning, for 4-5 mins or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Tear into pieces.
To make the caesar dressing, place the anchovies, if using, egg yolks and garlic in a food processor and process until smooth. With the motor running, gradually add the oil in a thin, steady stream. Add the lemon juice and process until combined. Season.
Thinly slice the chicken. Divide the lettuce, kale, chicken, bacon and soft-boiled egg among serving bowls. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with the parmesan and season to serve.