Whip up this easy Italian classic for dinner tonight. It’s a heart-healthy recipe that’s bursting with flavour.
- 4 (about 125g each) skinless chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, chopped
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium red capsicums, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 8 pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white wine
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 100g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup (150g) wholemeal couscous
- Flat-leaf parsley sprigs, to serve
Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2 mins each side or until the chicken is golden. Transfer to a plate.
Add the onion, garlic and capsicum to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the onion is just soft. Add the olive, tomato, wine, oregano, rosemary, stock and mushroom. Bring to the boil. Return chicken and any juices to the pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 mins or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly. Remove the rosemary sprigs and discard.
Meanwhile, cook the couscous following packet directions.
Divide the couscous among serving plates and spoon over the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with parsley sprigs to serve.
Coles has partnered with the Heart Foundation to provide this content to you and help Australians live healthier and happier lives.
For personalised heart health information and support, contact the Heart Foundation Helpline 13 11 12.
Healthier living starts here
Whether you’re looking for tasty and nutritious midweek dinner ideas or are catering for a range of dietary requirements, we have you covered with our healthy recipe collections
The fiber and healthy fats in avocado are what make it a superfood for long lasting energy stores. It also contains many of the B vitamins that help with your red blood cell count which in turn helps regulate your iron levels!