Chicken, celery and gai lan stir-fry
Ready in just 30 minutes, this stir-fry is a great midweek dinner idea. Loaded with chicken and veggies, it’s the perfect meal to fuel those busy weeknights.
- 440g pkt shelf-fresh thin hokkien noodles
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 750g Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Thigh Fillets, halved
- 150g green beans, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 bunch gai lan (Chinese broccoli), woody ends trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
Prepare noodles following packet directions. Drain. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium heat. Stir-fry chicken for 3-4 mins each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
Add the beans, gai lan and garlic to the wok or pan. Stir-fry for 2-3 mins or until gai lan begins to wilt.
Return the chicken to the wok or pan. Combine the sweet chilli sauce, ginger and water in a bowl. Add to the stir-fry mixture. Stir until heated through. Remove from heat. Add the noodles and gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.