Chicken, chorizo and tomato penne
Cook chicken, chorizo and penne pasta together in a tasty tomato and basil sauce for a super easy weeknight meal that saves on washing up.
- 500g penne
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 6 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 chorizo sausages, thickly sliced
- 4 cups (1L) chicken stock
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 120g pkt Coles Australian Baby Spinach
- ¼ cup basil leaves
Combine the pasta, onion, garlic, diced tomato, cherry tomatoes, chicken, chorizo, stock and paprika in a large heavy-based saucepan.
Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring often, for 20 mins or until the pasta is al dente and chicken is cooked through.
Add the spinach and basil to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1-2 mins or until the spinach just wilts. Season.