Chicken mac ’n’ cheese with broccoli and cauliflower
This quick and easy mac ’n’ cheese is so delicious, it’s hard to believe it’s made with only 5 ingredients. Keep the recipe up your sleeve when you need a speedy meal that really hits the spot.
- 350g pasta elbows or macaroni
- 500g pkt Coles Australian Broccoli & Cauliflower Mix or 500g Birds Eye Australian Snap Frozen Carrot, Broccoli & Cauliflower, thawed
- 425g tub Coles Creamy Cheese Sauce
- 1 Coles Hot Roast RSPCA Approved Chicken (from the deli), skin and bones removed, meat coarsely shredded
- 1 cup (80g) Coles Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Stir in the vegetables. Set aside until heated through. Drain.
Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Place the cheese sauce in a large ovenproof frying pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken and stir until heated through.
Add the pasta mixture to the pan and stir to combine. Sprinkle with the parmesan and cook under the grill for 5-10 mins or until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Set aside to cool slightly before dividing among serving bowls to serve.