Chicken noodle soup
A winter classic, our best-ever recipe for chicken noodle soup will be your new go-to.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 12 cups (3L) Homemade Chicken Stock or bought salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1/2 x 375g pkt dried pappardelle
- 3 cups shredded roast chicken
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic and thyme and cook, stirring, for 10 mins or until the vegetables are just tender.
Add the stock. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 mins. Add the chicken and cook for a further 2 mins or until the chicken is heated through and the pasta is al dente. Remove thyme and discard.
Divide the soup among serving bowls. Season with pepper to serve.
Check ingredient labels to make sure they meet your specific dietary requirements and always consult a health professional before changing your diet.